Principal was founded in 1879 as an insurance company. Today, they’re a member of the FORTUNE 500® and a global investment management leader.
They help people and companies in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America, and North America build and protect their financial well-being. Principal has been in business for over 140 years.
While Principal has employees around the world, they’re all bound by a common purpose: to give their clients the financial tools, resources, and information they need so they can live the life they want.
Principal Disability Insurance
- The No. 3 provider of non-cancelable individual disability income insurance based on 2017 LIMRA data of annualized new sale premium.
- One of only six companies offering “True” Own-Occupation disability insurance.
- In a 2016 Principal Life Insurance Company claimant satisfaction survey, 97% of our existing customers rated their services highly.
- One of 100 companies to be named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute, which recognizes organizations that have had a material impact on the way business is conducted by fostering a culture of ethics and transparency at every level of the company. This is the eighth year Principal has been recognized by Ethisphere. (February 2018)
- Recognized by Working Mother as one of the 2018 Working Mother 100 Best Companies. (September 2018)
- Ranked No. 1 on Forbes list of Best Employers for Women (July 2018) and in the top 10 on the list of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. (January 2019)
Ready to protect your future?
who found disability insurance coverage.